ginger plum sangria #SundaySupper
A late summer sangria calls for a rainbow of plums, a bit of ginger and a whole lot of fabulous Sweet Red Gallo Family wine. Just add a cool summer night to this Ginger Plum Sangria and you’ve got my idea for the perfect party.
I know, I know. I talk about the weather a lot. A lot, a lot. But I just want to go on record as saying this has been one of my very favorite summers of all time. The weather has occasionally gotten into the 80’s but has been riding steady in the mid to low 70’s, complete with cool evening breezes that have made all of my dreams come true. I love a mild summer and all that comes with it.
Last week, we attended a back-to-school/end of the summer party complete with a wonderful sangria. It got me thinking that I really need to make a fabulous sangria for our family’s labor day get together. With all of the summer stone fruit coming out in droves I thought that a Ginger Plum Sangria would hit the spot.
Plums are one of my favorite fruits. I love, love plums in all their forms. Red, black, golden – anything goes. The problem is that plums have such a short window of being fabulous and I’m happy to tell you my friends that we are smack dab in the middle of that fabulous plum window. I decided to pair my plums with Gallo’s wonderful Sweet Red Wine.
I love that the Sweet Red already tastes of fabulous black cherries and red fruits. I paired it with the not too sweet plums and a splash of ginger liqueur as well as a few slices of spicy fresh ginger. The ginger goes a long way to round out the flavors of this late summer sangria. I can’t wait to pair this Ginger Plum Sangria with our BBQ spread for labor day. It’s going to be out of this world!
Another Gallo wine that is a perfect pairing for summer time entertaining and BBQ is their new Riesling. It has a lovely light taste that gives you hints of peach, pear and citrus. For more information on the Gallo Family of wines visit their website and store locator. There is even a $1 off digital coupon to use when stocking up for your Labor Day party. Also be sure to follow Gallo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for more summer entertaining inspiration.
Here is the full recipe and instructions for this simple and lovely Ginger Plum Sangria:
Yield: 6-8 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes + 2 hours inactive prep time
Ginger Plum Sangria Recipe
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 2 hours inactive prep time
Looking for some Labor Day BBQ recipes to go along with this Ginger Plum Sangria? Check out Gallo’s Labor Day Recipes and the rest of our amazing Sunday Supper Table!
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.