Hi There, I’m Emily Caruso.
I’m a work-from-home mom, wife, and freelance photographer/recipe developer/videographer based in Northwest Ohio.
I began blogging here at Jelly Toast in 2012. It originally started as a place to practice my food photography and share my love of food and family. While it’s still those things, it’s evolved into much more and has allowed me to begin a new career as a creative entrepreneur. Here on Jelly Toast, you will find a variety of family friendly recipes, tips and tricks in the kitchen, photography tips, and great behind-the-scenes snippets of life in the Midwest.
In addition to publishing Jelly Toast, I work as a freelance photographer, recipe developer, and videographer for a variety of clients such as the American Pean Council and the Cherry Marketing Institute and Campfire Marshmallows. I also work as a contributor at the incredible website, Hello Glow.
- I’m pretty short. I top out at 5’1” on a good day. Or rather, a frizzy hair day.
- I am a former art teacher, but am now a full time blogger and freelancer. It can be chaotic at times, but I’m so grateful to have the chance to do what I love for a living.
- Fall is my true love. Sweaters. Cider. Newly Sharpened Pencils. Everything. Spring is a close second place.
- I’m terrible at spelling and rely heavily on spell check. Just a warning as you dig through the blog.
- I have not mastered the clean-as-I-go cooking style. I have more of the don’t-step-there-because-I-just-dropped-an-egg kind of cooking style.
- I can (and do) use
“Friends”“New Girl” (or any show I’m currently binging) quotes in just about any situation. I apologize in advance.
- I can (and do) drink caffeine at all hours of the day, often packed full of butter, coconut oil, or heavy cream.
- We recently redid our kitchen and it’s renewed my energy in the kitchen! Check out the full details of our black stainless kitchen renovation.
Keep in Touch
I’m looking forward to seeing you again soon!