gift guide for bakers + a giveaway! (Winner)
Happy Monday, everyone! I have a week full of holiday cheer directed right at you, my very loyal readers. I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate every reader that comes here to Jelly Toast and spends some time, enjoys some recipes and takes the time to leave a comment about something they saw. This week, to say, “thank you” and to wish you a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season, I am going to be sharing some special gift guides to help with your holiday shopping. Plus, I will be giving away a few items from those gift guides all week long.
With all the holiday baking going on, I thought it would be good to get things kicked off with the Gift Guide for Bakers! It includes some of my favorite baking items and be sure to scroll down to enter to win a copy of my very favorite baking cookbook: The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day!
Gift Guide for Bakers
1. KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus 5 Quart Stand Mixer: These iconic mixers are iconic for a reason – they are simply the best. I love the bowl lift feature and large capacity of the bowl. This mixer is an absolute workhorse in the kitchen, not to mention beautiful!
2. The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionized Home Baking: I’ve been a Bread in Five Fan for a couple of years now, and their books have changed the way I think about baking. It’s nothing to fear. It’s approachable, easy, healthy and delicious and I wouldn’t be able to have these feelings about bread baking if it weren’t for all of the Bread in Five books. This new book is the newest version of their original book which includes recipes with traditional white flour, whole wheat and gluten free flours. It’s a great gift for any baker in your life. (Be sure to enter to win your very own copy – just keep scrolling for details!!)
3. Snowy Owls Measuring Spoon Set: Measuring spoons are never something that a baker can have too many of, especially when they’re this stinking cute!
4. Amco Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Non Skid Silicone Bottoms: I would be lost without my set of stainless steel mixing bowls with non skid bottoms. These are in as good of shape as they were 9 years ago when I got them. They’re fantastic to use, won’t slide around on you and are a breeze to clean up.
5. Nordic Ware Bakers Half Sheet: If there was one piece of bakeware in my kitchen that I absolutely couldn’t live without it would be my Nordic Ware Baking Sheets. I have two half sheet pans and one quarter sheet pan and I use them for absolutely everything. I use parchment paper on them when baking cookies and my cookies always come out perfect and evenly baked.
6. GIR Spatula: This one piece, sturdy spatula is great for any baker. I tend to have trouble, breaking the heads off spatulas with tough cookie dough, but this GIR Spatula is both sturdy and flexible, plus it comes in a bunch of fun colors!
7. Sarabeth’s Bakery: From My Hands to Yours: This is my go-to cookbook for all types of baking. From pies, tarts, cakes and other sweets Sarabeth Levine’s exquisite recipes along with Quentin Bacon’s drool worthy photos make this cookbook a must have for any home baker.
Congratulations, Wendy!! You’re the winner of The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day!
Today, I’m giving away one copy of the cookbook The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day to one lucky reader! I love all of the books in the Bread in Five family of books, and this revised version of their original includes classic breads made with white flour, several whole wheat bread recipes as well as gluten free options. This no-knead method of bread baking is the only method I use and it has completely eliminated my fear of yeast bread baking. The recipes are easy and delicious and if you have been interested in trying no-knead bread baking, this book is a great place to start. Plus, Zoe and Jeff’s Bread in 5 blog has twists and variations on many of their cookbook recipes. They are constantly baking up something new, and I absolutely love their bread! And now you can, too! To enter to win your very own copy, simply leave a comment below telling me what your favorite holiday baked good is. I will be drawing one winner tonight at midnight and announcing it tomorrow morning as well as emailing the winner. You have until Midnight tonight (Monday, December 9th, 2013 EST) to enter your comment. Winner will be chosen at random (using a random number generator) and contacted via email as well as announced here on the blog. **DETAILS – PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING** I will be drawing one winner to receive one copy of the prize cookbook, The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. To enter, you must currently reside in the USA. Only one entry per person. To enter, leave a comment on this blog post telling me what is your favorite holiday baked good. When signing in to leave your entry comment, please be sure to enter in your current email address as that is how I will be contacting the winner. The prize will be shipped directly from Amazon.com. This giveaway is not sponsored in any way shape or form. I am purchasing the prize directly with my own money and sending it to the winner. I am in no way associated with the Bread in Five family as they have probably never even heard of me. I’m just a big fan of their books and wanted to share the goodness with you! You have until Midnight on Monday, December 9th, 2013 EST to enter your comment! Winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email. The winner will also be announced here tomorrow.
This giveaway is over, but be sure to stop back for more gift guide goodness and a new giveaway tomorrow!
Good Luck and Happy Monday!
**Disclosure: This giveaway is not sponsored by anyone but me. I am purchasing the prize with my own money and sending it to the winner. This post does contain Amazon Affiliate links which mean if you make a purchase from clicking through to Amazon from this site, Jelly Toast will earn a few pennies. Pennies which allow me to host awesome giveaways for you 🙂 Thanks so much!