Tropical BBQ Chicken Skewers
This post, Tropical BBQ Chicken Skewers is sponsored on behalf of ALDI. All opinions are, as always, my own. Thank you for supporting the brands and partners that I love and that help make Jelly Toast possible! xoxo – Emily
Hey friends! I hope you all are enjoying your summer so far! We have had a crazy few weeks, but crazy in an awesome way. We have been resting up but also doing a bit of traveling. If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat, you have probably seen a few beach photos and possibly a seashell or two. A and C are pretty much obsessed with searching for shells. In the past, I never would have considered myself a beach lover, but this is my summer of being open to new ideas and possibilities. It turns out, with the right amount of sunscreen, that spending the morning on the beach with my toes in the sand is pretty great. Who knew?
Another thing that I’m adopting this summer, as you may have noticed, is eating pretty much all of my meals outdoors. Again, why not? I pretty much cook all of my meals, at least partially, on the grill these days so it just makes sense to enjoy eating them outside, as well. Our new patio has been my favorite place of late to enjoy my morning coffee and, of course, our family dinners. One of the tastiest, and easiest, dishes to come off of our grill recently are these sweet and spicy Tropical BBQ Chicken Skewers.
I grew up eating shish kabobs all summer long because my dad loved making them. In fact, that’s one of my earliest cooking memories is helping him assemble all of the ingredients and place them on the metal skewers. As a result, I am always making different kinds of skewers in the summer and these Tropical BBQ Chicken Skewers are one of the easiest and tastiest versions I’ve made in a long time. So far, we’ve had these four times this summer (and counting!)
What are your favorite summer meals to cook up on the grill? I’d love to hear what you’re making!
Tropical BBQ Chicken Skewers
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 bottle SimplyNature® Organic Original BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup BERRYHILL Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 1/2 lbs Kirkwood Never Any! Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts*, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, skin and core removed, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large red onion, skin removed and cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Carlini® Olive Oil Spray for grill grates
- Fit & Active Brown Rice or Earthly Grains Long Grain White Rice for serving
- In a medium sauce pan set over low heat, combine SimplyNature® Organic Original BBQ Sauce and BERRYHILL Sweet Orange Marmalade and stir until marmalade is completely melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place Kirkwood Never Any! Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cubes into a medium sized bowl. Pour half of the BBQ sauce mixture over the chicken and stir to combine. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Assemble remaining ingredients at your work station along with 8 metal BBQ skewers. Skewer chicken, peppers, pineapple, and onion on the skewers in an alternating pattern until all ingredients are used. Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper.
- Spray gas grill grates with Carlini® Olive Oil Spray. Turn grill onto high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to medium. Place Tropical BBQ Chicken Skewers on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked throughout. Baste skewers with reserved BBQ sauce mixture on each side during cook time.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
*Prices and labels may vary by location.